Joanna Drummond – "Alone Together"

So at this current moment I’m not going to write a paragraph to tell you about me. Instead let’s talk about us. We’re all going through something right now: disruption, loss, isolation, grief. So after a week of watching way too much news in my pjs I decided that I should get to work and write a song. I wanted to both soothe and name the sorrow of the situation that we find ourselves in, here in the lockdown of April 2020. When it was done the song arrived with a title that gave me a clear vision of how to move forward. I decided to organize a collaboration of musicians who could lend their parts to the project while maintaining social distancing. We made a video with five different live performances, each given to an empty room—all of us alone, and yet together. This is “Alone Together”


For the bio let’s keep it short and sweet: Joanna Drummond is a folk singer-songwriter from Calgary Alberta. She’s released two CDs and was working on a third before the quarantine. She’s stuck in her house right now, just like you. 🙂 Enough said.

Support Your Music Matters:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How accomplishing more in your music career will grow your fan base faster | Bandzoogle Blog

Matt Ramsey on passion and creative pursuits